Assigning Goals to Your Team
- Click the hamburger icon and then click Performance.
- Click Goals
- Click Create
You can create a new, custom goal, or you can use one of the many goals in the library. To access these,
- Choose a goal template by clicking the radio button next to it.
- Click Import
- If you want to add additional information, feel free to add text to the Description box.
- Choose a Start Date and Due Date for the goal.
- Goal Categories are already created for templated goals, but you can change them by clicking the dropdown menu under Categories.
- If you want to attach any files (checklists, etc.), click Choose File and select the file from your computer to upload.
- Decide who to assign the goal to
- Choose Yourself if this is a goal that is meant for you.
- To assign the goal to others, choose Your Team.
- Click the radio button next to the name(s) of the individual(s) you want to assign the goal to.
- Click the radio button at the top of the list to assign to everyone.
- To assign the goal to a group (for example, technicians), click Custom Assignment
- From the dropdown menu, select Group
- Click the box next to the data field and choose the group you want to assign the goal to.
- Under options, you can click Dynamic Assignment. This will automatically assign the goal to any team member who is added to the team or group during the goal period.
You may choose to make a goal a “shared” goal. This means that all team members work to achieve the goal. Shared goals are usually hospital goals, such as completing a specific number of dental cleanings.
- To make a goal a Shared goal, at the bottom of the goal click the radio button “All users will share this goal and its progress.”
- Choose who will manage the goal. This should be someone in a leadership position. This will default to you. If you want to change this:
- Click the Managed By box.
- Click the X on the right side of the box.
- Click the little box emblem, and enter the name of the person you want to manage the goal.
- Press Enter
- Click the name of the person you want to manage the goal.
- To save the goal, click Submit.